I’ve been fortunate enough to be asked to write for some great organizations in the past primarily on Gay Men’s Health. Here’s a roundup of some of my favourite pieces.
- Migration – A New Hope – A look at the reasons for and effects of migration of gay men to urban centres. Originally posted to the Community Based Research Centre’s website, May 2014.
- The Other, Other F-word – An explanation of the anxiety I feel about the possibility of being a fatherhood. Originally posted to the Community Based Research Centre’s website, February 2014.
- A Life Course and Gay Marriage – An honest account of my struggle with depression stemming from heteronormative expectations. Originally posted to the Community Based Research Centre’s website, November 2013.
- Kids These Days – A look at generational differences in younger and older gay men with respect to trends in coming out, homophobia, and support systems. Based on findings in the 2011 Sex Now Survey. Originally published in Under the Lens of the Investigaytors, 2013.
- My Story – A guest editorial where I share how I got involved in gay men’s health and the profound effect it has had on my life. Originally posted to PositiveLite.com, March 27, 2012.
- Gay Superheroes – A blog post written to express my frustration with the lack of gay content in the media. Originally posted to the Health Initiative for Men’s website, May 11, 2011.
- Coming out as Depressed – A post where I talk about the struggles of telling my (then) boyfriend the truth about my depression. Originally posted to the Health Initiative for Men’s website, Dec 16, 2010.